Bengaluru: Chief Minister Siddaramaiah has announced the disbanding of Karnataka’s Anti-Naxal Force, declaring that the state is now free of Naxal activities. The announcement came as part of the state budget presentation for 2025-26, where the Chief Minister highlighted the success of the Naxal Surrender and Rehabilitation Scheme in bringing underground Naxals back into the mainstream.

Siddaramaiah stated that during his government’s tenure, six underground Naxals had surrendered before the Naxal Surrender and Rehabilitation Scheme Committee. "With this, Karnataka is Naxal-free. Therefore, the Anti-Naxal Force will be disbanded," he said, marking a shift in the state's internal security strategy.

To support the reintegration of surrendered Naxals and improve infrastructure in previously Naxal-affected areas, the government has announced a special package of ₹10 crore. The move aims to ensure that individuals who have given up arms can successfully transition into mainstream society.

In addition to addressing the Naxal issue, the Chief Minister outlined new measures to strengthen law enforcement across the state. He announced that ₹80 crore would be allocated for the establishment of two Indian Reserve Police Forces—one near Kudugurki and another near Kolar Gold Fields (KGF) near Nandi Hills.

Further, the government has also focused on enhancing bomb detection and disposal capabilities in Karnataka. While five Bomb Detection and Disposal Squads are already operational, new squads will be set up in Bellary, Davangere, Mysuru, and Bengaluru Central zones this year to improve preparedness against potential threats.

The Chief Minister reiterated his government's commitment to maintaining peace and order, stating that a zero-tolerance policy would be enforced against those attempting to create unrest in society. He assured that strict and uncompromising action would be taken against any individuals or groups engaging in activities that disturb public harmony.

Get all the latest, breaking news from Karnataka in a single click. CLICK HERE to get all the latest news from Karnataka.

Let the Truth be known. If you read VB and like VB, please be a VB Supporter and Help us deliver the Truth to one and all.



Bengaluru: The Holy month of Ramadan will start from Thursday, February 19, announced convener of the State Moon Sighting Committee Maulana Maqsood Imran Rashadi on Wednesday.

Speaking at a press conference after the Moon Sighting Committee meeting held at the State Waqf Board office on Cunningham Road in the city on Wednesday evening, he said that there is no information about moon sighting anywhere in the capital Bengaluru, including other districts.

“However, after receiving reports of moon sightings in neighbouring states including Andhra Pradesh, Telangana, Bihar, Odisha, Jharkhand, West Bengal, Rajasthan and Delhi, it has been decided to start fasting from Thursday,” he said.

The meeting was attended by Maulana Mufti Iftikhar Ahmed Qasmi, Maulana Ejaz Ahmed Nadvi and other members of the ulema.