Bengaluru, Jun 28 (PTI): Karnataka Chief Minister Siddaramaiah’s son Yathindra on Saturday asserted that his father would complete his full five-year term in office.

Dismissing ongoing speculation about a change in leadership, Yathindra said Siddaramaiah enjoys the full support of both the Congress high command and party MLAs.

Speaking to reporters here, the Congress MLC stated, "The government is functioning very smoothly, and there are no obstacles. The Congress high command has neither spoken of any leadership change nor given any such indication. Hence, Siddaramaiah will continue for the full five years."

His remarks come days after Karnataka Cooperation Minister K N Rajanna claimed that a leadership change was likely in September, citing the existence of multiple "power centres" within the ruling Congress.

Asked about Rajanna’s comments, Yathindra said, "Only the minister can explain the context of his statement."

He noted that such rumours have been circulating since the formation of the government.

"From the beginning, there had been talk that Siddaramaiah would be removed within six months. Later, it was said he would be replaced after the MUDA case came to light — but nothing of the sort has happened," he said.

Yathindra downplayed the speculation, calling it routine in politics.

"People keep speaking about a change of guard, but no such development has taken place, nor will it happen in the future," he said.

He attributed the recurring rumours to groups within the party that wish to see their own candidates in the chief minister’s chair.

"These groups will continue to spread such talk, but ever since this government came to power, the high command has extended its full support and continues to do so. The MLAs are also firmly behind my father," Yathindra asserted.

On Rajanna’s claim that there are three to four camps within the Congress, Yathindra responded, "You will have to ask the minister why he made that statement. I am unaware of any such groups. As far as I know, the government is functioning smoothly."

Meanwhile, CM Siddaramaiah asked reporters in Bengaluru to ignore Rajanna's statement.

Get all the latest, breaking news from Karnataka in a single click. CLICK HERE to get all the latest news from Karnataka.

Let the Truth be known. If you read VB and like VB, please be a VB Supporter and Help us deliver the Truth to one and all.



Ranchi (PTI): The body of a migrant worker from Jharkhand’s Giridih district killed in Saudi Arabia in October last year has arrived at Ranchi Airport, but his family refused to accept it over pending compensation, officials said.

Shikha Lakra, team leader of the state migrant control cell, told PTI that, before taking the body of Vijay Kumar Mahato, the family is demanding compensation from the private company where he used to work in the Arab country.

Mahato was killed in an alleged crossfire between the police and criminals.

“Since it was a bullet injury case, the matter is before a court in Jeddah. The final compensation may depend on the court’s decision,” Lakra said.

“The Indian Embassy informed us about the body’s arrival, and coordination was done with district authorities. Our role is limited to coordination in cases involving overseas employers and foreign jurisdiction,” she added.

Giridih Deputy Commissioner Ram Niwas Yadav said the authorities will try to convince the family to perform the last rites.

“We have already sanctioned Rs 5 lakh under the government scheme for migrant’s deaths abroad. The compensation payment might take some time,” he said.

The body is currently at the mortuary of Rajendra Institute of Medical Sciences (RIMS) in Ranchi.

The Family members said they will only accept it if the company provides written assurance regarding compensation. “Without that assurance, we will not receive the body,” said Ram Prasad Mahato, the deceased’s brother-in-law.

Mahato, a native of Dudhpaniya village in Madh Gopali panchayat under Dumri block, was employed as a tower line fitter. His family said he was struck by a bullet during a gunfight between local police and an extortion gang and later succumbed to his injuries.

Social activist Sikander Ali said Mahato is survived by his wife, two young sons aged five and three, and elderly parents.