Bengaluru, Dec 20: Nikita Singhania, her mother and brother, who were arrested in connection with the death of her 34-year-old husband Atul Subhash, have moved a local court here seeking bail in the abetment of suicide case registered against them, police said on Friday.
Subhash, a techie, died by suicide on December 9 following alleged harassment by his wife and her family.
Nikita was arrested from Gurugram, Haryana, while her mother Nisha Singhania and brother Anurag Singhania were picked up from Uttar Pradesh’s Prayagraj on December 14 for allegedly abetting Subhash’s suicide, the police added.
They were brought to Bengaluru and sent to 14-day judicial custody after being produced before a local court, the police said.
"Nikita, her mother, and brother moved the joint bail plea on Thursday before a local court. They are currently in judicial custody," a senior police officer said.
According to the police, Subhash, who worked for a private firm in Bengaluru, left behind a 24-page purported death note detailing his emotional distress, marital issues, and harassment by his wife, her relatives, and a judge based in Uttar Pradesh.
Following a complaint from the deceased's brother, the police registered a case of abetment of suicide against Subhash's wife Nikita, her mother Nisha, brother Anurag, and uncle Sushil Singhania. However, recently, the Allahabad High Court granted anticipatory bail to Nikita's uncle Sushil in the suicide case.
Subhash's death note, which was also shared with a WhatsApp group of an NGO he was associated with, outlined the marital discord he had been facing since his marriage in 2019, which had led to multiple legal cases. He and his wife had a son in 2020.
Let the Truth be known. If you read VB and like VB, please be a VB Supporter and Help us deliver the Truth to one and all.
Shillong (PTI): The Meghalaya assembly session for February 20, during which the state budget is scheduled to be presented, could be adjourned as a mark of respect to Shillong MP Ricky A J Syngkon, who died on Thursday evening, Chief Minister Conrad K Sangma said.
Syngkon reportedly collapsed while playing futsal on the outskits of the city, and doctors at a private hospital declared him dead around 8:45 pm.
"We have discussed with Deputy Chief Minister and in-charge of Parliamentary Affairs, Prestone Tynsong, and we will have a meeting tomorrow with the Business Advisory Committee (BAC) headed by the Speaker," Sangma told PTI.
ALSO READ: US-India partnership has critical role to play to make AI benefits available to everyone: Pichai
"I have communicated to the Deputy CM that it would be appropriate for the government not to go ahead with the proceedings of the House tomorrow. Even though tomorrow is the day we are supposed to present the budget, it will make absolute sense and a mark of respect to the departed soul if we were to postpone even the presentation of the budget," he said.
Sangma expressed shock over the sudden demise of Syngkon, recalling their recent meeting in Delhi where they discussed development plans for Meghalaya.
"I had met Syngkon about two weeks back in Delhi... that was the last meeting and conversation I had with him," the CM said.
Sangma recalled Syngkon's commitment and passion for the people of Khasi and Jaintia Hills, describing his demise as a "great loss for the state".
"Syngkon served the people with humility, vision and a sincere desire to uplift society. I express my deepest condolences to the family of late Ricky Syngkon, and I pray to the Almighty that he gives strength to the family members as well as his supporters and party leaders to bear the huge loss," the chief minister added.
