Belagavi: District In-charge Minister Satish Jarkiholi was thronged by hundreds of women during his visit to the city on Tuesday with the complaint that a micro finance company had duped them.
The minister, who met the women outside the Congress Bhavan at Sangolli Rayanna Circle and listened to their demand for justice, assured them that he would direct the concerned officers to probe the matter and take necessary legal action to help them get back their savings, according to a report of The Hindu.
The women complained to Jarkiholi that Yallavva Bannibag from Halabhavi village in Belagavi taluk had formed Rani Channamma Rural Micro Finance Company as well as self-help groups (SHGs) in several villages.
Around 3,000 women were organized in around 150 SHGs and taught to save and deposit their money with the company on a weekly basis. The women were also assured that they could easily draw loans from banks. The company borrowed money as loans in the names of these women, but the money was not deposited in the women’s accounts.
The women learned of the matter only when they received notices from finance institutions. When they went to Yallavva Bannibag demanding an explanation, however, they found her absconding and their money she had collected missing.
They filed a police complaint against the micro financer at the Kakati Police Station and met Jarkiholi on Tuesday asking for help to get back their hard-earned money.
Promising them help, the district minister said that he had already spoken to the Police Commissioner and told him to probe the matter. He also asked the women to give time till the end of the winter session of the Karnataka Assembly for him to discuss the issue personally with concerned officials and get back their money.
Deputy Commissioner of Police Rohan Jagadeesh told the minister that Kakati Police officers had registered a case and were conducting an investigation.
Let the Truth be known. If you read VB and like VB, please be a VB Supporter and Help us deliver the Truth to one and all.
Gurugram (PTI): A three-year-old girl was allegedly raped and strangled to death in Sector 37 by her neighbour, who lured the toddler away from her home at a village located nearby, officials said on Friday.
Police have arrested the accused, who confessed to the crime during interrogation, they said.
On Thursday night, police received a complaint that a minor girl was missing in Mohammadpur Jharsa village, with the family alleging that a man living in the neighbourhood lured her away.
Police arrested the accused, a native of Bihar who worked as a scrap collector in Gurugram, within an hour of filing an FIR at the Sector 37 police station, the officials said.
“During interrogation, the accused disclosed that late on Thursday evening, he lured the minor girl to a secluded place in Sector 37, where he first raped the toddler and then strangled her to death to wipe out evidence. Further questioning is underway,” a spokesperson for Gurugram police said.
