New Delhi: In a video that is widely being circulated again across social media platforms, a group of doctors can be seen discussing how Corona Virus is only the flu and the need for isolation of patients and lockdown in countries was unnecessary.

The old video is once again doing the rounds on social media including WhatsApp and Facebook, in the wake of the spike in COVID cases in India and other countries that has triggered reports of COVID-imposed lockdowns and restrictions.

A fact-check on the video revealed the 3-minute video from a conference that was organized by conspiracy theorists against the Corona Virus by a European group called World Doctors Alliance.

The original video is about 18 minutes and was posted on ACU 2020 website in October 2020 which was later taken down by YouTube for violating its terms of service, a report published in the News Wire stated.

In the video, Dr. Dolores Cahill, former Professor of Immunology at the University College Dublin is heard talking about Covid-19 asserting that the virus was only the flu that can be treated without necessarily imposing lockdowns and restrictions on people.

"We are here to say that there is good news. The coronavirus is a seasonal virus that causes illness and symptoms from December to April. And for people who have symptoms, there are treatments like inhaled steroids, hydroxychloroquine, and zinc. So there is no need for the lockdown. There is no need for fear, there is no need for masks or social distancing, or for quarantining people. They are locking people in their homes for last year's flu for which there is an effective treatment. So we want to communicate this message to the people that there is no need for fear."

This viral clip is circulating on Facebook with the caption, "Now what is this--- Breaking News: WHO accepted its mistake and took a complete U-turn, saying that Corona is a seasonal virus, it is a cough, cold and sore throat that occurs during the change of weather, there is a need to panic. WHO now says that the corona patient neither needs to be isolated nor does the public need social distancing. It is also not transmitted from one patient to another. See WHO's press conference. .... Pls share it maximum. (sic)"

Another report published in Boomlive.in stated that the organization World Doctor’s Alliance was accused of spreading misinformation related to the pandemic earlier as well.

 

Let the Truth be known. If you read VB and like VB, please be a VB Supporter and Help us deliver the Truth to one and all.



Karwar (PTI): Defence Minister Rajnath Singh on Saturday arrived at the strategically located Karwar naval base in Karnataka, where he will soon flag off Indian Ocean Ship SAGAR.

The Union minister arrived at the naval base around 1 pm where he was given a Guard of Honour at the Parade Ground.

The defence minister landed at the key base in a military chopper, and is scheduled to spend a few hours here, with a number of engagements lined up.

During his visit to the base in the afternoon, he will also inaugurate some newly developed infrastructure at the key naval site, officials earlier said.

The Navy is expanding the crucial naval base as part Project 'Seabird'.

"Raksha Mantri Shri @rajnathsingh will flag off #INSSunayna as the Indian Ocean Ship SAGAR with 44 personnel from 9 navies embarked onboard, from #Karwar today," the Office of Raksha Mantri posted on X on Saturday.