New Delhi : Delhi BJP spokesperson Tajinder Pal Singh Bagga temporarily deactivated his Twitter account late on Saturday after an email ID shared by him on Twitter resulted in a minor embarrassment for the party. With the next general election less than a year away, Bagga tweeted an email address asking people for suggestions for the BJP’s 2019 campaign.  Little did he realise that it would spectacularly backfire.

While the email address read ‘Phir Dil Do Modi Ko (give your hearts again to Modi)’, one Twitter user interpreted it as ‘dildo’, and Bagga’s tweet went viral for all the wrong reasons. As the #PhirDildoModiKo began to trend on Twitter, he quietly deactivated his account before returning on Sunday to say he “took a break” from the platform.

It all started when Twitter user @ladywithflaws highlighted the hilarious mistake in Bagga’s tweet. Realising the goof-up, Bagga changed the address and shared a new email id that read, ‘volunteer for Modi’. But the damage has been done.

#PhirDildoModiKo and #DilDoModiko started trending on Twitter, with people posting memes and jokes trolling the BJP Spokesperson. The trolling escalated further when they noticed he deactivated his account. Now, people are asking not to use the hashtag by using the hashtag!

Bagga has been one of the most prominent social media influencers for the BJP before he became a spokesperson for its Delhi unit.

courtesy : indianexpress.com

Let the Truth be known. If you read VB and like VB, please be a VB Supporter and Help us deliver the Truth to one and all.



Mumbai, Sep 20: Bollywood actor Kangana Ranaut appeared before a Mumbai court on Monday in connection with a criminal defamation complaint filed against her by lyricist Javed Akhtar, and said she had "lost faith" in the magistrate's court as it indirectly "threatened" her of issuing a warrant if she failed to appear before it in a bailable offence.

Ranaut also moved a counter complaint in the court against Akhtar for alleged "extortion and criminal intimidation", and her lawyer informed the court that they had filed an application before chief metropolitan magistrate, seeking transfer of hearing into the complaint to another court.

The court had last week said it will issue a warrant against Ranaut if she fails to appear on the next date of hearing on September 20.

Ranaut appeared before Andheri metropolitan magistrate R R Khan on Monday for the first time since summons was issued to her in February this year, and completed the bail formalities.

As the matter came up for hearing, her lawyer Rizwan Siddique told that court that Ranaut does not want to proceed with this court (in connection with the complaint).

Siddique said they have "lost faith in the court as it seems to be biased".

The court has indirectly "threatened" her of issuing a warrant on two occasions in a non-cognisable, compoundable and bailable offence, where as per law regular presence is not required, the lawyer claimed.

Ranaut has been called before the court without any cause or reason, he said.

He further submitted that till today, there is no order as to why she is required to be present regularly for the bailable, non-cognisable and compoundable offence.

Akhtar's lawyer Jay Bharadwaj termed Ranaut's plea for transfer of complaint to another court as "extremely bizzare".

"They have neither given any notice nor a copy of the (transfer) application to us," he said.

The court will hear the matter next on November 15.

Earlier this month, the Bombay High Court dismissed a plea filed by Ranaut seeking quashing of proceedings initiated against her by the local court on the criminal defamation complaint filed by Akhtar.

Justice Revati Mohite-Dere had said in the order that there was no procedural illegality or irregularity in the metropolitan magistrate's order initiating the proceedings.

Akhtar (76) had filed the complaint in the court in November last year, claiming Ranaut had made defamatory statements against him in a television interview, which allegedly damaged his reputation.

In his complaint, Akhtar claimed that Ranaut dragged his name during an interview while referring to a 'coterie' existing in Bollywood, following the alleged suicide committed by actor Sushant Singh Rajput in June last year.