New Delhi, Jun 1: Former India skipper Sourav Ganguly on Wednesday issued a cryptic tweet about his "new journey" that raised speculations about his continuation as BCCI President, prompting the cricket board secretary Jay Shah to clarify that he has not resigned from his post.
Ganguly in his tweet said he is embarking on a new journey, although without revealing any further details.
"2022 marks the 30th year since the start of my journey with cricket in 1992. Since then, cricket has given me a lot. Most importantly, it has given me the support of all of you. I want to thank every single person, who has been part of the journey, supported me, and helped me reach where I am today," he wrote in a brief statement.
"Today, I am planning to start something that I feel will probably help a lot of people. I hope you continue your support as I enter this chapter of life."
Ganguly was elected BCCI President in October 2019 and still has four months left in his three-year tenure.
Ganguly's tweet took the social media by storm as many, including media outlets, started speculations about his future.
"The rumours doing rounds about Mr Sourav Ganguly stepping down from the post of BCCI President are factually incorrect," BCCI secretary Jay Shah said in a statement issued to PTI.
"We have some exciting times in the form of media rights coming up and my colleagues and I are completely focused on the upcoming opportunity and safeguarding the interest of Indian cricket," Shah further stated.
It has been learnt that Ganguly's tweet was related to his upcoming project.
— Sourav Ganguly (@SGanguly99) June 1, 2022
Let the Truth be known. If you read VB and like VB, please be a VB Supporter and Help us deliver the Truth to one and all.
Mumbai, Apr 3 (PTI): A special NIA court on Thursday granted interim bail to Elgar Parishad-Maoist link case accused Mahesh Raut from April 20 to May 16 to appear for his law degree exams.
Raut was arrested in 2018 for his alleged role in the case and is currently lodged in Taloja jail in neighbouring Navi Mumbai.
Special Judge Chakor Bhaviskar granted Raut bail to appear for the second semester Bachelor of Laws (LLB) exams in Mumbai.
The special National Investigation Agency court granted Raut temporary relief on executing a personal recognition bond of Rs 50,000 with a surety of the same amount.
The court also allowed him to appear for the semester one ATKT (allowed to keep terms) exam on April 4 and viva-voice and assignment presentation on April 9 under police escort.
It also directed Raut to furnish proof of his residential address for this period as well as an active mobile number to jail authorities and the probe agency.
The accused shall not misuse the liberty granted to him and shall immediately surrender to the jail authority on the same day when the examination is over, the court said.
Raut and 14 other activists were booked in connection with allegedly provocative speeches that were delivered at the Elgar Parishad conclave held in Pune on December 31, 2017. It triggered violence at Koregaon Bhima there the next day.
As per Pune police, the conclave was backed by Maoists.
The National Investigation Agency later took over the probe into the case.