London (PTI): A prominent personality in English cricket is under police investigation over allegations of drink spiking and sexual assault involving two women.

According to a report in The Daily Telegraph, the man, said to be in his 40s, was interviewed under caution by Scotland Yard in June following a complaint linked to an incident at a pub in south-west London’s SW6 district, which includes Fulham and Parsons Green.

The England and Wales Cricket Board (ECB) is yet to comment.

"We are currently investigating allegations of spiking and sexual assault against two women that took place on Thursday, 22 May at a pub in the SW6 area," the Metropolitan Police said in a statement.

"Two women are believed to have been spiked with one also allegedly sexually assaulted. A man in his 40s was interviewed under caution on Thursday, 5 June. Enquiries remain ongoing and no arrests have been made at this stage."

The case has emerged at a time when cricket’s authorities are under pressure to address misconduct in the game.

Chris Haward, managing director of the Cricket Regulator — the independent body tasked with handling disciplinary cases — stressed last month: "Removing sexual misconduct from the game is a priority."

In the past year, the Regulator has charged two coaches in unrelated incidents. One was suspended for up to nine months in August for sending "sexualised and inappropriate" photos to junior female staff members, while another faced a six-month suspension last November for "inappropriate sexual behaviour" during a county pre-season tour.

Let the Truth be known. If you read VB and like VB, please be a VB Supporter and Help us deliver the Truth to one and all.



New Delhi (PTI): Delhi Police has recovered 1,850 stolen and lost mobile phones worth around Rs 4 crore in past 40 days under "Mission Reconnect", an initiative aimed at returning phones to their rightful owners in outernorth Delhi, an official said on Saturday.

The recovered phones were traced from different parts of the country, including remote areas, through technical surveillance and sustained field operations, police said, adding that the devices were handed over to their owners during a programme at the Sports Ground, New Police Lines, Kingsway Camp.

The initiative focused on a victim-centric approach and aimed at strengthening public trust through proactive policing and coordinated efforts across states, Deputy Commissioner of Police (Outernorth) Hareshwar Swami said.

As part of the programme, teams performed 'nukkad nataks' and screened awareness videos on cybercrime, drug abuse prevention, and senior citizen safety, sensitising the public about digital frauds and safety measures, officials said.

The initiative combines technology, investigation and community participation to ensure recovery of lost property and reconnect citizens with their valuables, they added.