Mumbai (PTI): Overwhelmed with emotion, 19-year-old Kartik Sharma was left in tears after five-time champions Chennai Super Kings secured him for a record Rs 14.20 crore at the IPL 2026 mini auction, making him the joint-highest paid uncapped player in the league's history.

Coming into the auction at a base price of Rs 30 lakh, Kartik and Uttar Pradesh’s Prashant Veer set the record when CSK splurged Rs 14.20 crore on each of them, in the auction at Abu Dhabi on Monday.

“When the bidding started, I was scared I might miss out. But as the bid kept going up, I started crying,” Kartik was quoted as saying in a JioHotstar release.

ALSO READ: KKR land Green for record-breaking Rs 25.20 crore; Shaw, Sarfaraz go unsold

“Even after it ended, I couldn’t stop. I was overwhelmed with emotion and happiness, I honestly don’t know how to put it into words,” the teenage keeper-batter from Rajasthan added.

The bidding for Kartik was started by Mumbai Indians and Lucknow Super Giants before Kolkata Knight Riders joined in.

While MI exited the bidding, KKR and LSG took the price to Rs 2.80 crore before CSK entered the fray.

The bidding price surged to Rs 13.20 crore when KKR left the race and Sunrisers Hyderabad entered, before CSK sealed the deal at Rs 14.20 crore.

Kartik said he was exited to play alongside MS Dhoni but remembered the contributions of his family and friends in his journey.

“A special thank you to all my family members & friends, without their support, I don’t think I would have reached this stage,” he said.

“My entire family is very happy, everyone is celebrating and dancing. I’m extremely excited to play alongside Mahendra Singh Dhoni and learn from him.”

Let the Truth be known. If you read VB and like VB, please be a VB Supporter and Help us deliver the Truth to one and all.



Bengaluru (PTI): In a key development in a cyber defamation case involving social activist Snehamayi Krishna, police on Saturday arrested a man for allegedly circulating fake documents and a fabricated audio clip targeting senior KAS officer and former MUDA Commissioner D B Natesh.

Police said the accused, Vinod, acted out of hostility arising from certain transactions between him and the complainant.

According to a press release issued by the police department, the case was registered on February 18 at the Bengaluru City Cyber Crime Police Station based on a complaint filed by Natesh, former Mysuru Urban Development Authority (MUDA) Commissioner.

During the investigation, police found that due to hostility arising from certain transactions between Vinod and the complainant, he contacted Krishna and provided false information, allegedly with the intention of taking revenge for personal gain.

In his complaint, Natesh alleged that Krishna, a resident of Mysuru, had been targeting and harassing him by creating fake documents, morphed photographs and a fabricated audio clip, and uploading them on social media through his Facebook account with the intention of defaming him.

Police said the investigation was taken up accordingly.

It was further revealed that Krishna, without verifying the authenticity of the information received, allegedly circulated it on social media with malicious intent to defame and damage the complainant’s reputation, the release said.

In this connection, a notice was issued to N Vinod, a resident of Bogadi in Mysuru, directing him to appear before the police.

Upon inquiry, and in view of the supporting evidence found against him, he was arrested and will be produced before the competent court, police said.

A notice has also been issued to Krishna to appear for questioning regarding his role in the offence. Further investigation is in progress.

Additionally, another case has been registered against Krishna at the Vidhana Soudha Police Station for allegedly spreading false information and carrying out defamatory propaganda. The matter is under investigation.

During the investigation so far, materials shared by Krishna on Facebook have been collected.

On verifying mobile numbers, vehicle registration details and other evidence, police found that the information circulated was false.

The investigation is continuing, they added.

On Thursday, Krishna had alleged corruption against Karnataka Chief Secretary Shalini Rajneesh and senior KAS officer D B Natesh, a former MUDA Commissioner.

The government rejected the allegations, stating that due process had been followed and a prior sanction for investigation had already been granted.

Krishna also lodged complaints with the Enforcement Directorate and the Income Tax Department, alleging the exchange of a large amount of cash in Mysuru. He also shared a photograph of a vehicle allegedly used in the transaction.

On Saturday, Krishna apologised to the chief secretary.

“I was brought here yesterday for questioning following a complaint by Natesh that I filed a false complaint, created fake documents, fabricated an audio clip, and posted them on my Facebook page. There was also a complaint against me for making baseless allegations against Shalini Rajneesh,” Krishna told reporters.

The activist said he had received the information through WhatsApp. He added that the person who shared it has also been questioned by the police.

Krishna, however, claimed that his allegations against Natesh are correct. “The information shared with me regarding Shalini Rajneesh is false. I have committed a mistake. I request her to pardon me,” he said.

He added that the investigation will continue.

Krishna was the complainant in the MUDA land allotment case, based on which a case was registered against Chief Minister Siddaramaiah, his wife Parvathi B M, her brother Mallikarjuna Swamy and others.

In this case, it was alleged that compensatory sites were allotted to Siddaramaiah’s wife in an upscale area of Mysuru, with a higher property value than the land acquired by MUDA.

MUDA had allotted plots to Parvathi under a 50:50 scheme in exchange for 3.16 acres of her land, where it developed a residential layout. Under this scheme, MUDA allots 50 per cent of developed land to landowners in exchange for undeveloped land acquired for residential layouts.

The Karnataka Lokayukta police, which registered the case against Siddaramaiah, his wife and his brother-in-law, later gave them a clean chit by filing a closure report, which was accepted by the Special Court for trial of public representatives.