New Delhi: Team India aims to secure their second win in the T20 World Cup Super Eight stage as they face Bangladesh in a crucial match at Kensington Oval. The two teams previously met in a warm-up match, but Saturday's encounter holds greater significance.
India enters the match undefeated, while Bangladesh has struggled with form. Historically, India has dominated this rivalry, yet Bangladesh's resilience makes them a formidable opponent. India showcased a strong performance against Afghanistan in their Super Eights opener and hopes to maintain momentum.
Openers Virat Kohli and Rohit Sharma have shown promising starts but have yet to deliver impactful innings. Meanwhile, Shivam Dube, known for his power-hitting, has struggled to match his IPL form. Although he scored an unbeaten 31 against the USA, it was Suryakumar Yadav who shined in that game. Dube's underperformance might open the door for Sanju Samson in the middle order.
Hardik Pandya's explosive cameo against Afghanistan was a major positive for India. His form is crucial for India's success. On the bowling front, India is expected to retain their current combination, with left-arm spinner Kuldeep Yadav playing a key role. The Caribbean wickets have favored spinners, and India has effectively utilized three spinners in their lineup.
For Bangladesh, this clash is a must-win following their loss to Australia. Their batting woes persist, with a lack of power-hitters and underperformance from openers Litton Das and Tanzid Khan. Captain Najmul Shanto emphasized the importance of top-order contributions for a better performance against India.
India's likely XI
- Openers: Rohit Sharma (c), Virat Kohli
- Middle-order: Rishabh Pant (wk), Suryakumar Yadav, Sanju Samson
- All-rounders: Hardik Pandya, Axar Patel, Ravindra Jadeja
- Bowlers: Kuldeep Yadav, Jasprit Bumrah, Arshdeep Singh
Let the Truth be known. If you read VB and like VB, please be a VB Supporter and Help us deliver the Truth to one and all.
Mathura(UP), Apr 5 (PTI): A retired Army colonel from Haryana has filed a police complaint here, alleging that he was held hostage, assaulted, looted and forced to participate in an "obscene video" at gunpoint with a woman he met through a matrimonial website, police said on Saturday.
The woman from Mathura, who was allegedly in on the plan to rob him, was working with other accomplices, the ex-armyman said in his complaint filed on Thursday.
According to Barsana Station House Officer (SHO) Raj Kamal Singh, Colonel Rajneesh Soni (retired), a resident of Gurugram, reported that he was contacted by a woman from Barsana on a matrimonial website in January. The woman allegedly agreed to marry him, and they began communicating.
The woman allegedly persuaded the colonel to visit Barsana on January 25, requesting that he visit the Radharani temple. When he arrived, she arranged for his stay at a guest house and took him on a tour of the area, including a visit to the temple, the complainant said.
After returning to the guest house, the woman and her accomplices allegedly told the colonel that her brother had been involved in an accident and they needed to leave immediately. They then led him to a waiting car.
"Once outside the town limits, the colonel alleges that he was attacked by the occupants of the car. They seized his phone, physically assaulted him, and forced him to contact relatives and friends to transfer money," the SHO said.
"He was then taken back to the guest house, where he was allegedly forced to participate in obscene videos and photographs at gunpoint. He was threatened that the videos would be made public if he reported the incident," the officer said.
The colonel has alleged that his purse, bag, gold chain, debit card and Rs. 12,000 in cash were stolen from the guest house.
After an unsuccessful attempt at locating the perpetrators himself, the colonel finally reported the incident to the Barsana police two days ago, he said.
"A case has been registered under relevant sections of the BNS and all facts are being investigated. Further action will be taken as per facts found in the investigation," the SHO said.