Sydney (PTI): Glenn Maxwell, whose IPL career over the last decade has largely been underwhelming, decided to pull out of the upcoming mini auctions scheduled in Abu Dhabi on December 16.

The 37-year-old, popularly known as "Big Show" for being a phenomenal talent in his younger days, has played every IPL season since 2012, barring one in 2019.

He has managed only 2819 runs in 141 games at a strike rate of 155 plus and an average of less than 24, which doesn't justify the kind of prices that he has been consistently fetching in auctions over the years. He also picked 41 wickets with his off-breaks at an economy rate of 8.30.

"After many unforgettable seasons in the IPL, I 've decided not to put my name into auctions this year. It's a big call and one I make with a lot of gratitude for everything this league has given me," Maxwell wrote on his instagram page.

"The IPL has shaped me as a cricketer and as a person. I have been lucky to play with world class teammates, incredible franchises, and perform in-front of fans whose passion is unmatched. The memories, challenges and the energy of India will stay with me forever."

While Maxwell didn’t specify a reason, it is evident that most major franchises have grown weary of waiting for him to deliver a good season, something that has been rare.

His multi-million dollar bids at auction often defied logic with franchise owners attributing it to market forces. But with increased use of data analytics, it has become clear that Maxwell was being paid way more than he ever deserved.

Out of 13 seasons that he has played, only once in 2021 did he cross 500 runs -- 513 with six fifties and a strike rate of 144 plus.

That he is no longer an attractive commodity in the IPL market was evident across last two seasons (2024 and 2025) where he totalled a lowly 100 runs in 17 games with aggregate of 52 and 48 runs respectively.

During the last season, he had left after playing seven games and didn't come back when IPL resumed post Operation Sindoor.

Let the Truth be known. If you read VB and like VB, please be a VB Supporter and Help us deliver the Truth to one and all.



Prayagraj (UP) (PTI): A special POCSO court here on Saturday ordered the Jhunsi Police Station SHO to register an FIR against Swami Avimukteshwaranand Saraswati to investigate allegations of sexual abuse of boys.

Last week, the court of Special Judge (POCSO Act) Vinod Kumar Chaurasia reserved its decision on an application filed by Ashutosh Brahmachari Maharaj and others under Section 173(4) of the BNS after examining the evidence and recording the statements of the victimised 'batooks', the boys, as they are called at the ashram, Vidya Math.

The petitioner had filed the application seeking direction for an FIR against Avimukteshwaranand under sections 69, 74, 75, 76, 79, and 109 (all related to sexual assault) of the BNS, as well as sections 3/5/9 and 17 of the POCSO Act.

The court accepted the petition and ordered the police to conduct an investigation.

"Now we will get justice," Ashutosh Brahmachari said.

"Starting today, we are organising a Sanatan Yatra from here to Vidya Math (Varanasi). We will demonstrate how children are sexually abused on the fifth floor of Vidya Math. There is ample evidence of child abuse there. We have presented all the evidence to the court and will also provide it to the police," he said.

Avimukteshwarananda has been in the headlines for his confrontation with the organisers of the Magh Mela in Prayagraj. He accused the administration he was prevented from bathing on Mauni Amavasya.