London: Former Team India skipper Virat Kohli has set social media abuzz after a recent picture showing him with a visibly white beard went viral. The photograph, taken with a man identified as Shash Patel in London, quickly caught the attention of fans, many of whom speculated whether the cricket star was hinting at an impending retirement from One Day Internationals.

Kohli’s appearance comes weeks after his presence at an event hosted by Yuvraj Singh on July 10, where he jokingly remarked about dyeing his beard every few days while discussing his Test retirement decision. Fans have expressed concern over his ODI future, citing his age and the early greying of his beard, something he shares with former captain MS Dhoni.

This is not the first time Kohli’s salt-and-pepper look has gone viral. In July 2023, a photo with wife Anushka Sharma also drew attention to his greying facial hair.

Kohli retired from T20Is last year after India’s World Cup triumph in the West Indies, and in May 2025, he stunned the cricket world by announcing his retirement from Test cricket after 14 years. His comeback to the field was expected this month, but the postponement of India’s Bangladesh tour has delayed his return.

The star batter is now expected to rejoin the Indian squad in October for a limited-overs tour of Australia, which will feature three ODIs and five T20Is.

Let the Truth be known. If you read VB and like VB, please be a VB Supporter and Help us deliver the Truth to one and all.



New Delhi (PTI): Delhi Police has recovered 1,850 stolen and lost mobile phones worth around Rs 4 crore in past 40 days under "Mission Reconnect", an initiative aimed at returning phones to their rightful owners in outernorth Delhi, an official said on Saturday.

The recovered phones were traced from different parts of the country, including remote areas, through technical surveillance and sustained field operations, police said, adding that the devices were handed over to their owners during a programme at the Sports Ground, New Police Lines, Kingsway Camp.

The initiative focused on a victim-centric approach and aimed at strengthening public trust through proactive policing and coordinated efforts across states, Deputy Commissioner of Police (Outernorth) Hareshwar Swami said.

As part of the programme, teams performed 'nukkad nataks' and screened awareness videos on cybercrime, drug abuse prevention, and senior citizen safety, sensitising the public about digital frauds and safety measures, officials said.

The initiative combines technology, investigation and community participation to ensure recovery of lost property and reconnect citizens with their valuables, they added.