Birmingham, Jul 30 (PTI): India have refused to play against arch-rivals Pakistan in the semifinals of the World Championship of Legends here on Thursday, citing the nation's stand against any bilateral sporting ties with the neighbouring country after the gruesome Pahalagam terror attack.
The Indian team which includes legends like Shikhar Dhawan, Irfan Pathan, Harbhajan Singh, Yuvraj Singh, Suresh Raina among others have already expressed their unwillingness to play against Pakistan following the terror attack and the subsequent 'Operation Sindoor' launched by India.
India took a similar stand like they did in the group-stage match against Pakistan earlier in the tournament.
In that game, several top former India cricketers had refused to play against Pakistan in the aftermath of Operation Sindoor.
India were set to play Pakistan in the semi-final of the tournament on Thursday at the Edgbaston Cricket Ground.
EaseMyTrip, a top sponsor of the league, has already made it position clear on the Indo-Pak match.
"We applaud Team India @India_Champions for their outstanding performance in the World Championship of Legends, you've made the nation proud. However, the upcoming semi-final against Pakistan is not just another game, Terror and cricket cannot go hand in hand," the travel-tech company's co-founder Nishant Pitti wrote on his 'X' handle.
"@EaseMyTrip, we stand with India. We cannot support any event that attempts to normalise relations with a country that promotes terrorism. The people of India have spoken and we hear them. EaseMyTrip will not be associated with the India vs Pakistan match in WCL.
"Some things are bigger than sport. Nation first business later Always," he added.
India Champions advanced to the semifinals of the ongoing World Championship of Legends after defeating West Indies Champions in just 13.2 overs in their last group match on Tuesday.
India vs Pakistan – WCL Semi-Final
— Nishant Pitti (@nishantpitti) July 30, 2025
We applaud Team India @India_Champions for their outstanding performance in the World Championship of Legends, you’ve made the nation proud.
However, the upcoming semi-final against Pakistan is not just another game, Terror and cricket cannot…
Let the Truth be known. If you read VB and like VB, please be a VB Supporter and Help us deliver the Truth to one and all.
New Delhi (PTI): Delhi Police has recovered 1,850 stolen and lost mobile phones worth around Rs 4 crore in past 40 days under "Mission Reconnect", an initiative aimed at returning phones to their rightful owners in outernorth Delhi, an official said on Saturday.
The recovered phones were traced from different parts of the country, including remote areas, through technical surveillance and sustained field operations, police said, adding that the devices were handed over to their owners during a programme at the Sports Ground, New Police Lines, Kingsway Camp.
The initiative focused on a victim-centric approach and aimed at strengthening public trust through proactive policing and coordinated efforts across states, Deputy Commissioner of Police (Outernorth) Hareshwar Swami said.
As part of the programme, teams performed 'nukkad nataks' and screened awareness videos on cybercrime, drug abuse prevention, and senior citizen safety, sensitising the public about digital frauds and safety measures, officials said.
The initiative combines technology, investigation and community participation to ensure recovery of lost property and reconnect citizens with their valuables, they added.
