Dubai: Indian players have been fined their entire match fees for maintaining a slow over rate while opener Shubman Gill was docked an additional 15 per cent for criticising the umpire's decision to rule him out in a debatable call during the World Test Championship final.
The Australian players were also fined 80 per cent of their fees for maintaining a slow over rate during the marquee-clash, which they won by 209 run in London on Sunday.
"It was confirmed shortly after the conclusion of the match on Sunday's final day that India will lose all of their match fees for their slow over rate, with Australia also docked 80 percent of their match fees.
"In accordance with Article 2.22 of the ICC Code of Conduct for Players and Player Support Personnel, players are fined 20 per cent of their match fee for every over their side fails to bowl in the allotted time," the ICC said in a statement on Monday.
The fines were imposed after India were ruled to be five overs short of the target after time allowances were taken into consideration, while Australia were found to be four overs short.
Indian players, who are part of the playing XI earn Rs 15 lakh per Test while the reserve players get Rs 7.5 lakhs each.
Gill was found guilty of "breaching article 2.7 which relates to public criticism or inappropriate comment in relation to an incident occurring in an international match." During India's second innings, television umpire Richard Kettleborough had adjudged a catch by Cameron Green to remove Gill had been taken cleanly.
However after the day's play, the youngster had posted a TV screen grab of the replay in which the ball seemed to be touching the ground.
Chasing a mammoth 444 in the second innings, a lacklustre India lost seven wickets before lunch on the fifth and final day on Sunday to suffer the crushing defeat.
Let the Truth be known. If you read VB and like VB, please be a VB Supporter and Help us deliver the Truth to one and all.
Mumbai, Apr 3 (PTI): A special NIA court on Thursday granted interim bail to Elgar Parishad-Maoist link case accused Mahesh Raut from April 20 to May 16 to appear for his law degree exams.
Raut was arrested in 2018 for his alleged role in the case and is currently lodged in Taloja jail in neighbouring Navi Mumbai.
Special Judge Chakor Bhaviskar granted Raut bail to appear for the second semester Bachelor of Laws (LLB) exams in Mumbai.
The special National Investigation Agency court granted Raut temporary relief on executing a personal recognition bond of Rs 50,000 with a surety of the same amount.
The court also allowed him to appear for the semester one ATKT (allowed to keep terms) exam on April 4 and viva-voice and assignment presentation on April 9 under police escort.
It also directed Raut to furnish proof of his residential address for this period as well as an active mobile number to jail authorities and the probe agency.
The accused shall not misuse the liberty granted to him and shall immediately surrender to the jail authority on the same day when the examination is over, the court said.
Raut and 14 other activists were booked in connection with allegedly provocative speeches that were delivered at the Elgar Parishad conclave held in Pune on December 31, 2017. It triggered violence at Koregaon Bhima there the next day.
As per Pune police, the conclave was backed by Maoists.
The National Investigation Agency later took over the probe into the case.