Mumbai, May 14: Virat Kohli’s sudden decision to retire from Test cricket has taken the cricketing world by surprise, and the reaction on the ground was evident when the former Indian captain was spotted at the Mumbai airport on Tuesday. Just a day after announcing his retirement through an Instagram post, Kohli was met with emotional responses and probing questions from fans and photographers.

As he walked out of the arrival gate, a swarm of paparazzi gathered to capture Kohli’s first public appearance following the announcement. While the cricketer maintained his composure, the emotional reactions of the photographers highlighted the impact his decision had on fans.

One paparazzo was heard telling him, "Sir, aapne galat kiya. Aapne retirement kyun liya? Ab hum cricket hi nahi dekhenge. Aapke liye main Test cricket dekhta tha" — expressing disappointment and saying he would no longer watch the game without Kohli.

Kohli, taken aback by the comment, appeared visibly surprised. His reaction, coupled with the emotional exchanges, quickly went viral on social media. Amid the frenzy, Kohli politely asked photographers to give space to his wife, actress Anushka Sharma, so she could get into their car comfortably.

As the couple prepared to leave the airport, the paparazzo added, "Virat Sir, hum cricket nahi dekhenge, wait karenge. ODI dekhenge. Is baar RCB jeetega," reflecting hope and support for Kohli’s continued presence in limited-overs cricket and the ongoing IPL season.

Kohli’s Test retirement has come just ahead of India’s squad announcement for the five-match home Test series against England, starting June 20. With 123 Tests to his name, Kohli bows out as India’s fourth-highest run-scorer and one of the most celebrated batters in red-ball cricket. He also holds the record as India’s most successful Test captain, having led the team in 68 matches and winning 40 of them.

Let the Truth be known. If you read VB and like VB, please be a VB Supporter and Help us deliver the Truth to one and all.



New Delhi (PTI): The Central Pollution Control Board has informed the National Green Tribunal that 17 states and Union Territories, including Delhi, do not have electronic or e-waste recycling facilities. The national capital also does not maintain records on the interstate transportation of e-waste

However, the CPCB noted that the Delhi Pollution Control Committee (DPCC) is among the seven state pollution bodies that have completed e-waste inventorisation covering all 106 categories of electrical and electronic Equipment (EEE) under the E-Waste (Management) Rules, 2022.

A bench of NGT Chairperson Justice Prakash Shrivastava and expert member A Senthil Vel was hearing the matter regarding e-waste management across states and UTs. The tribunal had earlier sought an action-taken report from the CPCB.

In its order dated February 12, the bench noted the CPCB had received responses from all states and Union Territories, except Bihar, Jharkhand and Uttarakhand. It noted that 17 states/UTs, including Delhi, lacked e-waste recycling facilities.

According to the report, Delhi primarily disposes of its e-waste through Memorandums of Understanding (MoUs) or agreements between bulk waste generators and registered recyclers located outside the city, with most of such recyclers located in the national capital region (NCR).

The tribunal said that according to the report, 21 states/UTs, including Delhi, did not maintain records on the interstate transportation of e-waste.

"Seven state pollution control boards (SPCBs)/Pollution Control Committees (PCCs) have completed e-waste inventorisation covering all 106 categories of Electrical and Electronic Equipment (EEE) under the E-Waste (Management) Rules of 2022, and submitted it thereof to CPCB. These are Assam, Delhi, Manipur, Mizoram, Meghalaya, Nagaland and Tripura," it said.

Maintaining an inventory of the EEE waste categories is critical for estimating the waste generated by each state/UT.

The tribunal noted the submissions of the CPCB's counsel that draft guidelines for nationwide e-waste inventorisation had been prepared and shared with all states/UTs and that the final guidelines will be issued after receiving the pending responses.

"In view of this, the CPCB is directed to file a further status report at least one week before the next date of hearing (on May 21),” the tribunal said.