Gaza: The Government Media Office in Gaza has accused Israeli forces of committing 59 massacres over the past 100 hours, resulting in the deaths of 288 Palestinians, including 99 individuals killed near aid distribution points. The office described the attacks as deliberate, targeting civilians, especially children, women, and the elderly, amid efforts to access food and shelter.

According to the statement, a total of 1,088 people have been injured in the latest wave of attacks, many in areas designated as humanitarian aid zones. “The so-called aid points have become death traps,” the statement read, alleging that Israel is intentionally targeting civilians at food lines, displacement centers, and overcrowded shelters.

"The occupation deliberately bombed public recreation areas, markets, homes, and shelters where tens of thousands of displaced people had gathered," the statement added. Among the areas hit was Al-Mawasi, previously declared a “safe zone” by Israeli forces. Civilians attempting to access food in this area were also reportedly killed.

The Media Office condemned the Israeli actions as “brutal crimes” and held the occupation forces fully responsible. It called on international humanitarian and legal bodies to intervene and halt what it described as a “systematic daily genocide.”

The Palestinian Ministry of Health has also raised alarm over critical shortages of blood supplies. In the past month alone, Gaza hospitals have used 10,000 units of blood, but only 3,500 units have been replenished. Hospitals and medical clinics have also been bombed, further crippling emergency response capacity.

Since the escalation of Israel’s military campaign following the October 7, 2023 Hamas-led attack, Gaza health authorities report a total of 57,418 Palestinians killed and 136,261 injured, with the majority being women and children.

The Health Ministry also noted that more than 700 Palestinians have been killed in recent weeks while attempting to access food. At least 743 deaths and 4,891 injuries have been reported at distribution sites run by the controversial U.S.-Israel-backed Gaza Humanitarian Foundation (GHF).

The Government Media Office concluded its statement with a plea to the international community to act swiftly to prevent further loss of civilian life and to ensure accountability for ongoing violations.

Let the Truth be known. If you read VB and like VB, please be a VB Supporter and Help us deliver the Truth to one and all.



Chennai (PTI): Afghanistan skipper Rashid Khan called for more bilateral series against stronger cricketing nations after his team signed off from the T20 World Cup on a high, defeating Canada in their final group match here on Thursday.

Afghanistan played some exhilarating cricket, going down to South Africa in a gripping second Super Over after the scores were tied, a humdinger that provided one of the early thrills of the World Cup.

However, the spin-bowling stalwart said Afghanistan could make significant strides if they get regular opportunities to compete against stronger cricketing nations.

"Couple of areas to improve, with the batting, the middle order got a bit stuck against the big teams, and then with the bowling the death overs. That comes when you play the bigger teams in bilateral series," said Rashid after his team defeat Canada by 82 runs, with him returning excellent figures of 2 for 19.

The stalwart said the side had arrived well prepared for the tournament and produced some breathtaking cricket, but admitted the narrow defeat to South Africa proved costly and remained a painful setback.

"We were well-prepared (for the tournament), we played some unbelievable cricket. The game against South Africa, that really hurt everyone. We had to win one of those (first two) games and see how the tournament unfolded. We'll take some positive things from this World Cup and look forward," he said.

With head coach Jonathan Trott set to part ways with the team, Rashid described the departure as an "emotional" moment for the side.

"I think we had some wonderful times with him. Where we are now, he played a main role. It's emotional to see him leave us, but that's how life is. We wish him all the best and somewhere down the line we see him again."

Ibrahim Zadran, who was named Player of the Match for his unbeaten 95 off 56 balls, said it was satisfying to finally register a substantial score after two below-par outings.

"I enjoyed it, didn't play better cricket in first two innings, which I expect. Wanted to back my skills, really enjoyed it. Pressure was there, it's there all the time. I want to put myself in pressure situations and enjoy it," said Zadran.

"Wanted to play positive cricket, rotate strike and punish bad ball, create partnerships and this is what I have done."