WASHINGTON: Former Pentagon official Michael Rubin has strongly condemned Pakistan Army chief General Asim Munir’s recent nuclear threat during his visit to the United States, drawing sharp comparisons to terrorist Osama bin Laden. In an interview with ANI, Rubin described Munir’s rhetoric as reminiscent of the language once used by bin Laden, stating, “Asim Munir is Osama bin Laden in a suit.”

Rubin called for the US government to declare General Munir persona non grata, emphasizing that Pakistan’s nuclear threats made on American soil are “completely unacceptable.” He questioned Pakistan’s capacity to fulfill the responsibilities of a sovereign state, suggesting it may be time to reconsider its international standing.

Referring to Munir’s address at an event in Tampa, Florida, where the general reportedly declared, “We are a nuclear nation. If we think we are going down, we’ll take half the world down with us,” Rubin expressed disappointment that US military officials did not walk out of meetings with the Pakistan army chief, stating, “The fact that US Generals did not walk out of any meeting with Asim Munir should be a cause for resignation.”

Rubin further argued that Pakistan should lose its status as a major non-NATO ally, calling instead for the country to be designated a state sponsor of terrorism and removed from the US Central Command’s list of partners. He insisted that no Pakistani official, including Munir, should be granted American visas until Pakistan provides a satisfactory explanation and apology for the threats.

India criticising Munir’s remarks, described them as “nuclear sabre-rattling” and expressed serious concerns about the integrity of Pakistan’s nuclear command and control. The Ministry of External Affairs (MEA) pointed to Pakistan’s military establishment’s connections with terrorist groups as a key factor undermining trust. The MEA called it “regrettable” that such threatening comments were made from the soil of a friendly third country.

India however reaffirmed its position and declared that it will not yield to nuclear blackmail and will continue to take all necessary steps to protect its national security.

Let the Truth be known. If you read VB and like VB, please be a VB Supporter and Help us deliver the Truth to one and all.



New Delhi (PTI): A 30-year-old man was found hanging at his residence in northeast Delhi's Jafrabad area on Thursday, with police suspecting that matrimonial discord may have driven him to take the extreme step, an official said.

Information was received from Lok Nayak Jai Prakash (LNJP) Hospital regarding a person who had been brought dead, he said.

During enquiry, the deceased was identified as Chand (30), a resident of Welcome area. Police said he was staying with his brother at a house in Jafrabad where he was allegedly found hanging.

According to police, Chand was first taken to Jag Pravesh Chandra Hospital by family members after they found him in an unconscious state, and was declared brought dead.

The family later shifted him to LNJP Hospital seeking a second medical opinion, where doctors again declared him dead, police said.

Police said the body has been sent for post-mortem to ascertain the cause of death.

During preliminary verification, it came to light that Chand was facing matrimonial issues. His wife had reportedly left him and shifted to her parental home following disputes between the couple, police said, adding that the angle is being examined as part of the investigation.

Crime and forensics teams were informed and necessary legal proceedings are underway, police said.