Doha: Elon Musk, CEO of Tesla and one of the most high-profile financial supporters of Donald Trump, has announced plans to scale back his political donations in the near future.
Speaking during a video interview with Bloomberg News at the Qatar Economic Forum, Musk said, “In terms of political spending, I’m going to do a lot less in the future.”
When asked about the reasoning behind his decision, he added, “I think I’ve done enough.”
Musk reportedly spent over $290 million backing Trump and Republicans during the 2024 U.S. elections. Despite stepping back, the billionaire did not rule out future involvement: “If I see a reason to do political spending in the future, I will do it.”
His comments come at a time when investor concerns over his political activity are intensifying, especially as Tesla grapples with declining sales and a drop in stock value. Amid these challenges, Musk affirmed his commitment to the electric car company, stating that he plans to remain CEO for the next five years.
Last month, following a sharp fall in Tesla’s profits, Musk reportedly told Wall Street analysts he would reduce his time spent in Washington and focus more on managing his companies.
Let the Truth be known. If you read VB and like VB, please be a VB Supporter and Help us deliver the Truth to one and all.
Lucknow (PTI): The Uttar Pradesh government on Thursday clarified its stand on announcements from mosques for 'sehri' and 'iftar' during Ramzan, saying the practice dates back to a time when clocks were not widely in use, and that the Supreme Court orders on use of loudspeakers remained in force.
Samajwadi Party member Kamal Akhtar raised the issue during Zero Hour in the Assembly, saying since festivals of all religions, including Holi, Diwali, Dussehra, Kanwar Yatra as well as Christian and Sikh celebrations, are observed in the state, mosques should be allowed to use loudspeakers for making announcements during the holy month of Ramzan that commenced on Thursday.
Akhtar said brief announcements are traditionally made from the mosques to inform people observing fast about the timings of ‘sehri’ (pre-dawn meal) and ‘iftar’ (meal to break the fast).
He also claimed that the government recently removed loudspeakers from most religious places, and urged it to permit mosque announcements during Ramzan to provide relief to people.
The Supreme Court prohibits the use of loudspeakers, public address systems, and sound-producing instruments from 10 pm to 6 am, except in closed premises such as auditoriums, conference rooms, and banquet halls for internal communication.
Responding to Akhtar, Finance and Parliamentary Affairs Minister Suresh Kumar Khanna said the Supreme Court has clearly directed that loudspeakers should not be used after 10 pm.
Even at weddings, police ensure compliance if complaints are received about loudspeakers being used beyond the stipulated time, he said.
Referring to the tradition of mosque announcements for ‘sehri’ and ‘iftar’, Khanna said the practice originated when clocks were not common and people estimated time by the position of the sun.
“Today, almost every person – whether a rickshaw puller, street vendor or vegetable seller – has a mobile phone that shows time. So the necessity is no longer there,” he said.
While the government does not interfere in anyone's religious beliefs, the Supreme Court has laid down the rules on the use of loudspeakers, and “it is not our order”, the minister said.
Claiming that the apex court order relates to sound levels and does not prohibit the use of loudspeakers, Akhtar urged the minister to allow the announcements during Ramzan.
The minister, however, did not offer any further reply.
