Washington, D C: U S President Donald Trump issued a fresh warning to India, cautioning that he has yet to impose “phase two” or “phase three” sanctions for its continued purchase of Russian oil, on Wednesday.
According to a report by Hindustan Times, speaking at a bilateral meeting with Polish President Karol Nawrocki in the Oval Office, Trump rebuked at a reporter’s suggestion that he had shown disappointment toward Russian President Vladimir Putin but taken no real action.
“How do you know there’s no action? Would you say that putting secondary sanctions on India, the largest purchaser outside of China, almost equal, is no action? That cost Russia hundreds of billions of dollars. You call that no action?” Trump retorted.
He further added, “And I haven’t done phase two or phase three yet. But when you say there is no action, I think you ought to get yourself a new job.”
Trump reminded reporters that just two weeks earlier he had warned, “If India buys, India’s got big problems.”
On August 27, Trump announced the imposition of 25% reciprocal tariffs on India, while also introducing an additional 25% duty on Delhi’s purchases of Russian oil. Together, these measures effectively doubled the applicable tariff to 50%.
The White House later confirmed that Trump is scheduled to meet Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky on Thursday, a development taking place under mounting pressure from European allies.
Asked about Putin’s recent appearance alongside North Korean leader Kim Jong Un and Chinese President Xi Jinping at a military parade, Trump insisted he had already acted strongly and said “Well, I have already done that with regard to India and we are doing it with regard to other things.”
India has officially termed the U.S. tariffs “unjustified and unreasonable.”
Let the Truth be known. If you read VB and like VB, please be a VB Supporter and Help us deliver the Truth to one and all.
Thane (PTI): A man and his wife were arrested on Thursday in Mumbra in Thane district for allegedly murdering her lover, a police official said.
The probe into the case began after Raju Yadav, a resident of the Khardi Road area, was found dead with his throat slit on February 17, the Mumbra police station official said.
"Yadav, who was himself married, had been in a relationship with Farheen Mohammad Abid Malik (27) for the past eight months. Farheen's husband Mohammad Abid Abdul Wajid Malik (29) confronted her, after which the duo decided to kill Yadav," he said.
"On the midnight of February 17, Farheen called Yadav to an under-construction flat in the building, where she gave him a cold drink mixed with a chemical. After Raju became unconscious, Mohammad Malik came there and slit his throat. The couple has been remanded in police custody," the official said.
Further probe into the case, including where the chemical was procured, is underway, he said.
