New Delhi: A video shared by an American resident living in South Delhi has drawn attention to the speed of India’s quick-commerce services after it showed a Blinkit order being delivered in just six minutes.
The video was posted by Charlie Evans, who shared it to show friends in the United States how delivery services operate in Indian cities. In the clip, Evans places an order for bottled water and a screwdriver at 5.43 pm. The delivery arrives at his doorstep at 5.49 pm, leaving him visibly surprised.
ALSO READ: Moscow’s response to European attack will be devastating: Russian foreign minister
In the video description, Evans described the service as “supreme” and noted that such a turnaround time would be difficult to imagine in most American cities. He explained that Blinkit works as a one-stop platform for daily and last-minute needs, offering items ranging from groceries to household tools.
Evans also spoke about the efficiency of delivery partners in navigating Delhi’s dense neighbourhoods and apartment complexes. He said he was often impressed by how quickly riders locate addresses, adding that finding the correct building is sometimes the only reason for minor delays.
The video gained traction on social media, with many users sharing similar experiences of rapid deliveries in Indian metro cities, where quick-commerce platforms commonly promise deliveries within 10 minutes. Some users commented that such services have become a routine part of urban life in India.
Similar observations have been made earlier by other foreign residents and entrepreneurs, including a US-based businessman who recently said he was surprised to receive orders from Indian delivery platforms within minutes, compared to significantly longer delivery times in the United States.
Let the Truth be known. If you read VB and like VB, please be a VB Supporter and Help us deliver the Truth to one and all.
New Delhi (PTI): The Delhi High Court on Friday asked Jaideep Sengar, brother of Unnao rape case convict Kuldeep Sengar, to surrender before jail authorities in connection with his conviction in the custodial death case of the survivor's father.
A bench of Justices Navin Chawla and Ravinder Dudeja was hearing a plea by the convict for further extension of interim bail upon suspension of the 10-year sentence.
It observed that the interim bail granted to Jaideep Sengar in July 2024 was last extended in April 2025 and since then, in spite of five dates, no order of any further extension or suspension of his sentence has been passed by the court.
As the senior counsel for Jaideep Sengar urged the bench to extend the period of his release on account of his health, the bench said, "You surrender and then we will see."
"Although there is no extension of interim suspension of sentence granted, we find he has still not surrendered. Before we proceed to consider his application for further extension of suspension of sentence, we require the appellant to first surrender," the bench ordered.
The senior counsel for Jaideep Sengar assured the court that he would surrender by Saturday.
The court listed the matter for hearing next week.
Jaideep Sengar, 50, sought the bail extension on the grounds that he is suffering from oral cancer.
The Central Bureau of Investigation's (CBI) counsel had earlier said it was not a fit case for extension of interim bail, and the prescription given by Jaideep Sengar in support of his plea was fabricated.
In his application, Jaideep Sengar said he was suffering from stage IV oral cancer, a life-threatening condition, and had developed clinical signs of recurrence.
The condition, the plea said, required continuous and specialised medical care.
The plea also informed that Jaideep Sengar has spent about four years in custody.
The high court had granted interim bail to Jaideep Sengar on July 3, 2024, for two months on medical grounds.
Kuldeep Sengar was convicted and sentenced to imprisonment for the remainder of his life on December 20, 2019, for raping the minor in 2017.
On March 13, 2020, Kuldeep Sengar, along with Jaideep Sengar, was sentenced to 10 years' rigorous imprisonment by the trial court, which also imposed a fine of Rs 10 lakh, in the custodial death case of the rape survivor's father.
The survivor's father was arrested, allegedly at the behest of the accused, under the Arms Act and died in custody on April 9, 2018, owing to police brutality.
The trial court said no leniency could be shown for killing a family's sole breadwinner.
