New Delhi: The Union government on Tuesday approved Delhi Deputy Chief Minister Manish Sisodia's request to go to Moscow to speak about education reforms in the national capital, hours after he complained that his visit was not being okayed.
"Finally, GoI (Government of India) gave permission which was pending since 10 days, for World Education Conference. It would be my privilege to represent India's knowledge legacy in front of world's education ministers and help them know how it can help in making the world a better place to live," Sisodia tweeted.
Earlier in the day, the Aam Aadmi Party leader said that the Centre had not given him the permission to go to Moscow as Prime Minister Narendra Modi did not want the Delhi government's work in education to reach an international platform.
In a series of tweets, Sisodia said his request had been "under process" for 10 days.
"I was invited to speak about Delhi education reforms at the World Education Conference, Moscow. I was supposed to leave tonight but it's unfortunate that Government of India has not given the permission. It's been 'under process' from last 10 days.
"Delhi's education reforms have been getting international press coverage in past few months. It's unfortunate that PM Modi doesn't want this to reach international platforms.
"Delhi is also part of India! If our schools get international recognition, it's a matter of pride for India!" he added.
Let the Truth be known. If you read VB and like VB, please be a VB Supporter and Help us deliver the Truth to one and all.
Agra, Apr 6 (PTI): A man was arrested for allegedly harassing and touching inappropriately a tourist from the Czech Republic visiting the Taj Mahal, police said on Sunday.
The alleged incident occurred on April 3 and the arrest was made after a thorough investigation, they said.
In a written complaint at the Tourist police station, the woman alleged that she was "touched inappropriately and harassed" while walking along the Shamshan Ghat Road around 1 pm, they added.
The police registered a case and began a probe, deploying multiple teams to nab the accused.
Assistant Commissioner of Police (Taj Security) Syed Areeb Ahmed said, "A case was registered on the complaint of the foreign woman. Several teams were deployed to search for the accused. (Footage from) several CCTV cameras covering the area was scanned. After investigation, the accused Karan Rathore was arrested on Sunday."
The woman has identified Rathore as the accused and he has been taken into custody, the officer said.