Kolkata (PTI): West Bengal Governor CV Ananda Bose on Friday said he would continue working for the people of the state and asserted that no force could stop him from doing so.

Referring to the death threat he received via email on Thursday night, Bose described it as "an attempt to stop my fight for the common people of Bengal", and claimed that this was not the first time he had been threatened.

Bose said he would take to the streets of Kolkata without security guards, claiming that the people of Bengal would protect him.

ALSO READ:  Infant dies after medical emergency on Jaipur-Bengaluru flight; emergency landing in Indore

"Such threats cannot stop me from working for the people of Bengal. Bengal is my home, I am a son of Bengal. I am not scared to give up my life for this land," Bose told PTI.

"This is not the first time that I have faced a life threat. I recall touring Murshidabad last year when someone handed over a live country-made bomb. My ADC immediately took it away and placed it in a tub of water. It was a close shave," he said.

The governor, who turned 75 earlier this month, said the threat could be linked to his speaking out on issues concerning the sufferings of the people of the state.

Bose on Thursday night received a death threat via email, following which his security was tightened.

The sender had threatened to "blast" the governor, an official said, adding the accused had also mentioned his mobile number in the email.

Acting swiftly, police arrested the man from Salt Lake area near Kolkata, a senior Lok Bhavan official said.

Bose, who is under Z-plus security cover, now has around 60-70 central police personnel deployed for his protection.

Let the Truth be known. If you read VB and like VB, please be a VB Supporter and Help us deliver the Truth to one and all.



Udupi (Karnataka) (PTI): The Udupi police have arrested another accused in a case involving the alleged transmission of confidential information related to the Indian Navy to Pakistan, taking the total number of arrests to four, officials said on Thursday.

The arrested accused has been identified as Alif Islam (21), a native of West Bengal, who was presently residing at Marayur village in Idukki district of Kerala, they said.

He was apprehended in connection with the alleged leak of a confidential list containing identification numbers of Indian naval vessels, police said.

According to investigators, the accused are suspected to have shared sensitive information through WhatsApp and Facebook with contacts in Pakistan without authorisation.

The case was registered at Malpe police station in 2025 following a complaint regarding the alleged illegal transmission of naval-related data, officials said.

Police said the investigation pertains to the alleged sharing of a classified list of ship numbers linked to the Indian Navy.

In November 2025, two accused -- Rohit and Santri from Uttar Pradesh -- were taken into custody in connection with the same case. Later, Hirendra Kumar from Gujarat was arrested in December 2025.

With the latest arrest, the number of persons held in the case has risen to four.

Police said one more accused is yet to be apprehended. The operator of the Facebook page allegedly used to transmit the information also remains at large.

Investigators suspect that Islam may be a Bangladeshi national, and efforts are on to verify his citizenship and other credentials.

Further investigation is under way, police added.