New Delhi: Waseem Rizvi, the former Chief of Shia Waqf Board of Uttar Pradesh who earlier last year converted to Hinduism has released a video adding that the Hindu society has not accepted him with love that he deserved after his “ghar vapasi”.

In the video that is now being shared on Twitter, Rizvi, who changed his name to Jitendra Tyagi after conversion to Hinduism can be seen expressing his pain of not being accepted into Hindu society with the love that he deserved.

He further adds that he is overwhelmed with depression and might want to end his life himself instead of being killed by his enemies.

In the video, he also said that his decision to convert to Hinduism was a mindful decision and he doesn’t regret his “ghar vapasi” but is instead disappointed with how he was treated in the Hindu society after he converted from Islam.

“I was treated like a distant relative who returns home after several years. The way the family members who live together do not mix up with their distant relative who has returned after several years, even I was not accepted by the Hindu society.” He said in the video.

"I am opening up today because I don't know what will happen to me and I am overwhelmed by the depression," he added.

Let the Truth be known. If you read VB and like VB, please be a VB Supporter and Help us deliver the Truth to one and all.



Bengaluru (PTI): Former Chief Minister B S Yediyurappa and several other senior BJP leaders in the state were taken under preventive custody on Thursday when they took out a march to lay siege to the CM Siddaramaiah's Office residence.

BJP state president B Y Vijayendra and Leader of Opposition in the Karnataka Assembly R Ashoka were among the BJP MLAs taken into custody.

The party on Wednesday started the day and night protest at the Freedom Park against the price rise and other issues and they started march towards CM's residence on Thursday.

Speaking to reporters later, Vijayendra said the agitation is against the price rise, four per cent reservation for Muslims in government contracts and diversion of funds meant for Scheduled Caste Sub Plan and Scheduled Tribes Sub Plan.

"We are taking these three key issues to people," Vijayendra said.

The agitations took place in several parts of Karnataka.

According to the BJP office bearers, the party has also planned a 'Janakrosha Yatra' (Public Outrage March) from April 7, starting in Mysuru, which will be flagged off by Union Minister Pralhad Joshi.

As per the schedule, the march on April 7 will cover the Mysuru and Chamarajanagar districts. On April 8, it will reach Mandya and Hassan, and on April 9 it will proceed to Kodagu and Mangaluru.

The first phase will conclude in Udupi and Chikkamagaluru on April 10. The second phase, starting on April 13, will cover the Shivamogga and Uttara Kannada districts.

The movement will cover every district in the state. Each district will have a two-to-three-kilometre Padayatra'.