Mumbai (PTI): A court here recently granted temporary bail to a 62-year-old man arrested in a cheating case, on "medical and humanitarian grounds", two days after his death. Suresh Pawar died hours after the hearing on his bail application concluded on May 9, while additional sessions judge Vishal S Gaike had granted him temporary bail two days later.

Pawar, a real estate agent, had been arrested for allegedly selling a property based on forged documents.

The accused, who had been behind bars since December 31, 2021, had sought temporary bail for six months on medical grounds. Pawar, in his application, stated that he was severely diabetic and suffered from several age-related ailments.

In February, he sustained injury to his toe and was admitted to the state-run J J Hospital and was later discharged. But he developed gangrene in his toe and it had to be amputated, the plea stated.

According to the plea, the high court had in March given directions to the jail authorities to provide proper medical treatment to Pawar, and in April 19, he withdrew his bail application from the HC.

The same day, Pawar's health deteriorated and he had to be admitted again to J J Hospital, but due to improper medical treatment, his wound became septic and his leg below the knee had to be amputated, it said.

The accused subsequently developed lung infection and sought temporary bail for six months to avail proper medical treatment.

The court in its order noted that considering Pawar's age, severe medical complications and the further need for medical care, his prayer for temporary bail can be considered on purely humanitarian grounds.


Let the Truth be known. If you read VB and like VB, please be a VB Supporter and Help us deliver the Truth to one and all.

Agra: In a shocking incident, a 6-year-old girl was allegedly killed by her neighbour for buying a packet of chips in Uttar Pradesh’s Aligarh. The police on Tuesday night recovered the body at the residence of the accused, which was kept in a sack for disposal, reports Times Of India.

According to police, the girl went missing on Tuesday morning from her Aligarh colony. Her family later in the evening filed a missing report at Nagar Kotwali police station. With the help of CCTV camera footage that led them to her neighbour's house, the police found her body. The accused was arrested and his two brothers were detained.

"During probe, one of the accused confessed to the crime. He said he had sent the girl to buy paan masala for Rs 20, but she returned with a packet of chips. When he scolded her, she misbehaved with him and he killed her. We're awaiting the autopsy report to take further action," SP (city) Mrigank Shekhar Pathak said.