Mumbai: More than 300 Mumbai local trains traversing daily on the Western Railway network will be cancelled between December 26 and 29 due to a major infrastructure upgrade between Kandivli and Borivli, officials said.

Vineet Abhishek, Chief Public Relations Officer of Western Railway, said that a large-scale block has been imposed for work related to the construction of a sixth railway line. As a result, around 320 to 350 suburban train services will remain cancelled on December 26-29 and again on January 10 to facilitate non-interlocking and signalling-related works, reported by NDTV on Saturday.

ALSO READ: Fact check: Viral ‘Santa drone show’ near Burj Khalifa was fake; Elon Musk also shared video

Abhishek reportedly said the block is part of a 30-day construction schedule, which began on December 20 and is expected to conclude by January 18, 2026. He added that most of the work is being carried out during late-night and early-morning hours to minimise inconvenience to commuters.

On the completion of the block, the metropolis will get a new railway line between two busy stations on the Western railway network, helping to make the suburban commute smoother.

As part of the ambitious Mumbai Urban Transport Project (MUTP), a separate sixth line is being laid between Borivali and Mumbai Central to segregate suburban and long-distance trains.

"Once completed, Mumbai will get a 3 to 3.5-km-long sixth line between Kandivali and Borivali stations," NDTV quoted Abhishek as saying.

Western Railway currently operates over 1,400 local train services daily between Churchgate and Dahanu, covering a distance of around 125 km.

Let the Truth be known. If you read VB and like VB, please be a VB Supporter and Help us deliver the Truth to one and all.



Bengaluru (PTI): The Karnataka State Cyber Command has arrested 68 people as part of a statewide drive against mule bank accounts and “mule herders” involved in cyber fraud, officials said on Friday.

The special operations, which have been continuing since last week across Karnataka, targeted networks engaged in aggregating and selling mule bank accounts used for cyber crimes.

The arrests were made between December 2025 and February 2026, police said in an updated report.

“The Karnataka Cyber Command has conducted statewide special operations against Mule accounts and mule herders across Karnataka. The special drive has continued since last week and this is an updated report,” the department said in a statement.

ALSO READ:  CM Siddaramaiah appeals for peace after Bagalkote clashes, BJP blames Cong

Police said the investigation identified a network of “mule herders” — individuals who aggregate and misuse mule bank accounts — who were retailing and selling such accounts to cyber criminals.

A total of 68 key accused and suspects have been arrested during the period.

According to the statement, mule herders had collected personal information and documents from unsuspecting laypersons and opened multiple bank accounts in the names of their relatives.

“These accounts were operated in a business-like manner,” it added.

As part of the crackdown, police registered 60 cases and identified 869 mule accounts across the state. As many as 8,788 complaints were registered on the National Cyber Crime Reporting Portal (NCRP) against the identified mule accounts.

The total money involved in all NCRP-linked crimes stood at Rs 85.05 crore, of which Rs 13.43 crore has been put on hold, the Cyber Command said.

During the drive, police obtained 32 search warrants and conducted 35 searches. In the searches, 35 ATM cards, 37 passbooks, 80 mobile phones, 28 cheque books and 22 SIM cards were seized, along with other incriminating materials, officials said. Pronab Mohanty, the Director General of Police (Karnataka State Cyber Command) supervised the special drive, police added.