Punjab: Shravan Singh, a 10-year-old boy from Ferozepur district in Punjab, has been honoured with the Pradhan Mantri Rashtriya Bal Puraskar, one of India’s highest civilian awards for children, for his courageous service during Operation Sindoor.
According to a report published by Deccan Herald on Saturday, Shravan received the award from Droupadi Murmu in recognition of his fearless contribution in supporting Indian soldiers during the operation. The Rashtriya Bal Puraskar is awarded to children aged between 5 and 18 years for exceptional achievements and acts of bravery.
ALSO READ: Gen Z, Gen Alpha will lead India towards Viksit Bharat, says PM Modi
He showed extreme bravery and delivered essential items like water, milk, tea, ice, lassi and more to the soldiers in need. He used to deliver these things daily while visiting them during the operation.
For his dedication and courage, the Indian Army also honoured Shravan by recognising him as the “youngest civil warrior” associated with the operation.
"When Operation Sindoor began against Pakistan, soldiers came to our village. I thought I should serve them. I used to take milk, tea, buttermilk, and ice for them every day amid all the risks. I feel very happy to receive the award. I never even dreamed of this," DH quoted Shravan as saying after receiving award.
According to his father, Sona Singh, the family fully supported Shravan’s efforts and never discouraged him from helping the soldiers. He said the child found genuine happiness in serving the Army.
Moreover, the boy also wishes to become a soldier one day. The 10-year-old kid has been recognised as the youngest civilian contributor towards the Operation Sindoor.
Let the Truth be known. If you read VB and like VB, please be a VB Supporter and Help us deliver the Truth to one and all.
Bengaluru (PTI): The Karnataka State Cyber Command has arrested 68 people as part of a statewide drive against mule bank accounts and “mule herders” involved in cyber fraud, officials said on Friday.
The special operations, which have been continuing since last week across Karnataka, targeted networks engaged in aggregating and selling mule bank accounts used for cyber crimes.
The arrests were made between December 2025 and February 2026, police said in an updated report.
“The Karnataka Cyber Command has conducted statewide special operations against Mule accounts and mule herders across Karnataka. The special drive has continued since last week and this is an updated report,” the department said in a statement.
ALSO READ: CM Siddaramaiah appeals for peace after Bagalkote clashes, BJP blames Cong
Police said the investigation identified a network of “mule herders” — individuals who aggregate and misuse mule bank accounts — who were retailing and selling such accounts to cyber criminals.
A total of 68 key accused and suspects have been arrested during the period.
According to the statement, mule herders had collected personal information and documents from unsuspecting laypersons and opened multiple bank accounts in the names of their relatives.
“These accounts were operated in a business-like manner,” it added.
As part of the crackdown, police registered 60 cases and identified 869 mule accounts across the state. As many as 8,788 complaints were registered on the National Cyber Crime Reporting Portal (NCRP) against the identified mule accounts.
The total money involved in all NCRP-linked crimes stood at Rs 85.05 crore, of which Rs 13.43 crore has been put on hold, the Cyber Command said.
During the drive, police obtained 32 search warrants and conducted 35 searches. In the searches, 35 ATM cards, 37 passbooks, 80 mobile phones, 28 cheque books and 22 SIM cards were seized, along with other incriminating materials, officials said. Pronab Mohanty, the Director General of Police (Karnataka State Cyber Command) supervised the special drive, police added.
