Lucknow, April 16: A written statement of the Unnao rape victim was recorded before a special CBI magistrate here on Monday, an official said.

The victim, along with her mother, was brought to the court amid tight security where her written statement was recorded, under Section 164 of the Criminal Procedure Code, by Magistrate Sapna Tripathi, the official said.

The victim has alleged that the Bharatiya Janata Party's Bangarmau legislator Kuldeep Singh Sengar had raped her after which she had been running from pillar to post to get her complaint lodged but to no avail. She tried to set herself on fire near the Chief Minister's residence on April 8 after which her father was picked up by police and beaten up by them, Sengar's brother and his aides. He later died in custody due to injuries inflicted on him. 

Sengar was arrested on basis of a SIT preliminary report. He was presented before a remand magistrate on Saturday and sent to seven days Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) custody. His aide, Shashi Singh, who is accused of taking the victim to the lawmaker, was also arrested on Sunday and sent to four days police custody.

The agency is also probing the complicity of doctors at the Unnao district hospital in the matter and are learnt to have recorded statements of the doctors who treated the father of the girl first and then later conducted his post-mortem. They are trying to ascertain, sources told IANS, on whether they were under pressure or lure by either the administration or the MLA or his aides in the matter.

Police records of the legislator, his aides has also been sought by the CBI, which was handed over the case by the state government after huge public outrage and media outcry. Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath has said that no body, however might he may be, will be let off in this case and the guilty will be brought to justice.

Meanwhile, after recording the statement, the victim told media persons that she was satisfied with the CBI probe so far and hopeful now that justice would be done.

Let the Truth be known. If you read VB and like VB, please be a VB Supporter and Help us deliver the Truth to one and all.



Srinagar (PTI): Jammu and Kashmir Chief Minister Omar Abdullah on Tuesday thanked Union Home Minister Amit Shah for reopening 14 tourist destinations in the Union Territory, which were closed in April last year following the Pahalgam terror attack.

"Recently, the Union home minister had come to Jammu and I had talks with him. Before that, I met him in Delhi as well. My request with regard to tourism was that the areas which have been closed should be reopened. There is no purpose served by keeping these destinations closed. We did not close these places even at the worst of times.

"I was assured by the home minister that these places will be reopened and orders for the same have now been issued. I am thankful to the home minister for that. The local people have borne losses (due to closure). Now, I hope people will visit these beautiful places," Abdullah told reporters on the sidelines of a function here.

The lieutenant governor, who heads the security apparatus in Jammu and Kashmir, on Monday ordered the reopening of 11 tourist destinations in Kashmir and three in the Jammu region. These destinations were among the 80-odd places which were shut down for visitors in the aftermath of the Pahalgam terror attack on April 22 last year that left 26 persons, mostly tourists, dead.

On the controversial remarks made by BJP MLA Vikram Randhawa, the chief minister said the truth has prevailed. "The truth did come out after that. The case was against him (Randhawa). If my information is correct, a case was filed against him for occupying government land," Abdullah said.

He alleged there is always a difference in the words and deeds of BJP leaders.

"It is a trait of the BJP that there is a difference in their words and deeds. They talk about Jammu and Kashmir and nominated a person to the Rajya Sabha from here. He spent 90 per cent of his (MPLAD) funds in Uttar Pradesh.

"He (Ghulam Ali Khatana) is from J-K. He has taken an official house here. Khatana sahib lives here and works from here but when it comes to CDF, he spends 90 per cent of it in UP," Abdullah alleged.

Asked about electricity supply during the month of Ramzan, the chief minister said he is scheduled to chair a meeting of officials where all aspects and arrangements will be reviewed.

"We would make all efforts to ensure that people face the least amount of difficulty during the holy fasting month," he added.

On the protests by daily wagers, Abdullah said there is no need for the street protests as the government has announced on the floor of the Assembly that they shall be regularised this year as per a scheduled process.

"It has been said on the floor of the Assembly that they will be regularised through a process under a time table. If somebody is provoking them for political benefits, they should not become tools in their hands.

"I will listen to you and do anything if you ask with love. Try intimidating me, then nothing will happen. If they have something to say, they should come and tell me. These street protests are not good for them or their future. We have said they will be regularised this year in a time-bound manner," he added.