Bengaluru: The alleged COVID bed-blocking scandal which rocked the BBMP South zone’s war room has now taken a new turn. On Tuesday, Parliamentarian Tejasvi Surya had conducted a press conference along with other MLAs and made serious allegations against some corporation officials and contract workers hired by the BBMP. The Bommanahalli region’s MLA, Satish Reddy, who participated in the press conference has now been accused of allotting beds to his supporters in the same case. 

Reportedly, MLA Satish Reddy and his supporters were threatening the war room executives working in the Bommanahalli region, and providing beds for the COVID patients illegally. It is also learned that Satish Reddy had issued direct threats to the war room in-charge saying that among the war room employees, his supporters must be prioritized over others or he would bring in his supporters and demonstrate in front of the war room.

It is learned that amid the allegations that beds were being allotted to patients recommended by Satish Reddy, another accusation has come to light that the beds were also being sold for a certain amount of money to distressed patients.

Concerning the press conference on the bed-blocking scandal, where allegations were made by MP Tejasvi Surya, MLAs Satish Reddy, Ravi Subramanya, and Uday Garudachaar on Tuesday, the police had already arrested several individuals. Now, Satish Reddy’s name has come to the forefront of this case and given a new turn to the case.

However, MLA Satish Reddy has denied involvement in the scandal and said, “The accusation that my supporters were blocking beds inside the war room has no substance to it. Whoever has called my office requesting help for bed after they did not get a response from the helpline, in such case I have requested that beds be given to them on a preferential basis. But the allegation that I was blocking beds is a lie”, he informed.



Let the Truth be known. If you read VB and like VB, please be a VB Supporter and Help us deliver the Truth to one and all.



Guwahati, Apr 4 (PTI): The Assam cabinet has decided to lift all cases pending against people from the Koch Rajbongshi community in the Foreigners' Tribunals, Chief Minister Himanta Biswa Sarma said on Friday.

They will also no longer carry the tag of 'D' or doubtful voters, he said.

''There are 28,000 cases pending in different Foreigners' Tribunals in the state against people of the community. The cabinet has taken a historic decision of lifting the cases with immediate effect,'' Sarma said at a press conference here after the cabinet meeting.

The government believes that the Koch Rajbongshis are an indigenous community of the state and they are an inextricable part of ''our social and cultural fabric'', he asserted.

The people of this community are poor and have suffered a lot over the years, he said.

''They will no longer carry the tag of foreigners or ‘D’ voters,'' the CM said.

Foreigners Tribunals are quasi-judicial bodies, particularly in Assam, established to determine if a person residing in India is a "foreigner" as defined by the Foreigners Act of 1946, based on the Foreigners (Tribunals) Order of 1964.

These tribunals are designed to address matters related to citizenship and the presence of “foreigners” in India, specifically focusing on cases where someone is suspected of being an illegal immigrant.

There are 100 Foreigners’ Tribunals across Assam.

The Koch Rajbongshis have a sizeable presence in Assam, West Bengal, Meghalaya, and parts of Bangladesh, Nepal, and Bhutan, and they demand Scheduled Tribe status.