Mysuru (PTI): The death toll in the helium cylinder blast that occurred near the Mysuru Palace has risen to three, police said on Saturday.

Lakshmi (29), a resident of Kamakshipalya in Bengaluru, succumbed to her injuries while undergoing treatment in KR Hospital, taking the toll to three, late on Friday, police officials said.

ALSO READ: Helium cylinder blast near Mysuru Palace gate: Home Minister orders probe

She had suffered grievous injuries in the blast, including severe abdominal trauma, and despite intensive treatment, she could not be saved," a senior police officer said.

Lakshmi was the wife of Rajesh, an auto-rickshaw driver in Bengaluru. Rajesh is originally a resident of Hosahalli village in Mandya district.

Police said the couple had come to Mysuru on Thursday and were staying at their relatives' house in Belavadi when the incident took place.

Earlier, Saleem, the helium balloon seller, was killed on the spot on December 25. On Friday, another injured woman, identified as Manjula, also died while undergoing treatment at KR Hospital.

Police said Saleem was a native of Uttar Pradesh and had been staying at Lashkar Mohalla in Mysuru along with two others. He was making a living by selling balloons.

The National Investigation Agency (NIA) has also joined the probe and is collecting information related to the incident.

Police said further investigation is underway to ascertain the exact cause of the explosion.

Let the Truth be known. If you read VB and like VB, please be a VB Supporter and Help us deliver the Truth to one and all.



Bengaluru (PTI): Social activist Snehamayi Krishna was arrested for allegedly creating fake documents and uploading a fabricated audio clip on social media to defame a senior KAS officer, police said on Friday.

Krishna, a resident of Mysuru, was taken into custody by the Central Crime Branch, they said.

The arrest followed an investigation into a complaint filed by D B Natesh, a senior Karnataka Administrative Service (KAS) officer and former Mysuru Urban Development Authority (MUDA) Commissioner.

A case was registered on February 18 at the Bengaluru City Cyber Crime Police Station.

According to police, Krishna allegedly created fake documents and an audio clip using the complainant’s photograph and uploaded them on his Facebook account, carrying out a defamatory campaign and targeting the officer.

“During the investigation, evidence was collected from the complainant and social media platforms, and the audio clip uploaded on Facebook was examined,” a statement from the office of Bengaluru Police Commissioner Seemant Kumar Singh said.

Following a court-issued search warrant, police conducted a search at the accused’s residence and seized relevant documents, it said.

Police added that a notice had been issued to Krishna to appear before them, and he has been secured and is being questioned in connection with the case.