Chikkamagaluru: Union Minister for Heavy Industries and Steel HD Kumaraswamy on Monday launched a sharp attack on the Congress-led Karnataka government, accusing it of failing to address key public issues, particularly farmers’ problems, and being caught in internal leadership disputes.

According to a report published by The New Indian Express, speaking to reporters in Balehonnur before attending the valedictory event of the Central Coffee Research Institute (CCRI) centenary celebrations, Kumaraswamy said, Siddaramaiah boasts he has presented record number of budgets. US President Donald Trump is weak in economics and struggling to expand tariffs across the world. Financial expert Siddaramaiah may go to the US to rescue Trump from crisis.

“I have come by road to Balehonnur though my health is not good. CM Siddaramaiah takes helicopter to reach Malavalli and Chamarajanagar though it is only a 30-minute road trip. It is learnt that the CM has spent Rs 47 crore for helicopter rides. He, however, brags he has done much for the development of the state,” TNIE quoted Kumaraswamy as saying.

ALSO READ: Karnataka government employees demand return of Old Pension Scheme

Referring to the ongoing budget preparations, Kumaraswamy reportedly said both the Chief Minister and Deputy Chief Minister were busy with political calculations, one insisting he would present the next three budgets, and the other believing predictions that he would soon become CM.

He said the Congress was not allowing opposition members to speak in the Assembly. As per the report, he asked where how was Rs 5,000 crore meant for Gruha Lakshmi scheme for February and March spent.

Kumaraswamy concluded by saying he would reveal details of alleged corruption in the government at an appropriate time.

Let the Truth be known. If you read VB and like VB, please be a VB Supporter and Help us deliver the Truth to one and all.



New Delhi (PTI): The Delhi High Court on Friday sought the stand of Delhi Police on a bail plea by Olympian Sushil Kumar in the murder case of former junior national wrestling champion Sagar Dhankar.

Justice Anup J Bhambhani issued notice to Delhi Police and the kin of the deceased, and asked them to file a status report and a reply, respectively.

Noting that the Supreme Court had cancelled the bail granted to Kumar by the high court in August last year, the judge remarked, "I think you are being ambitious."

"Once the Supreme Court has taken a view, what do you expect from me?" the court asked.

ALSO READ:  'My girl lay soaked in blood but no one stopped to help,' recalls Janakpuri accident victim

The counsel for the accused said the bail plea should be considered since all public witnesses have been examined in the trial.

The counsel for Delhi Police and the deceased's kin, however, said all public witnesses were yet to be examined.

"Let a status report/detailed reply be filed before the next date of hearing. Renotify on May 4," the court said.

Kumar was arrested in May 2021 and a sessions court granted him a week's interim bail for his knee surgery on July 19, 2023.

On August 13, 2025, the Supreme Court cancelled Kumar's bail, setting aside a March 4 high court order and noting that his "domineering influence" over witnesses or delaying the trial proceedings could not be ruled out.

On February 6 this year, a trial court refused to grant bail to Kumar, saying the possibility that the accused might influence witnesses "cannot be ruled out".

The trial court, in October 2022, framed charges against Kumar under Indian Penal Code sections dealing with murder, criminal conspiracy, intimidation and rioting with a deadly weapon. Charges were also framed under the provisions of the Arms Act.

The trial court had noted that after being abducted and brought to the Chhatrasal Stadium, Dhankar was severely assaulted by several accused persons with baseball and hockey sticks.