Seoul: The International Paralympic Committee (IPC) has voted to lift the partial suspensions on Russia and Belarus, restoring their full membership rights.

At its General Assembly in Seoul on Saturday, the IPC rejected proposals for both full and partial suspensions. For Russia, the motion for a full suspension was defeated 111-55 with 11 abstentions, while the partial suspension was rejected 91-77 with eight abstentions. Similarly, for Belarus, members voted 119-48 against full suspension and 103-63 against partial suspension, with nine and ten abstentions respectively, the Associated Press reported.

“This decision means NPC Belarus and NPC Russia now regain their full rights and privileges of IPC membership, in accordance with the IPC Constitution,” the IPC said in a statement, adding that arrangements would be made to implement the decision promptly.

Russia and Belarus were banned from international sporting events following Russia’s full-scale invasion of Ukraine in 2022. The Russian Paralympic Committee welcomed the move as a “fair decision” to “fully reinstate” its membership.

However, Ukraine’s sports minister Matvii Bidnyi strongly criticized the decision, urging European host nations not to permit the Russian flag at upcoming events, including the Milan-Cortina Winter Paralympic Games scheduled for Feb. 6–22, 2026.

The International Olympic Committee (IOC) has already confirmed that Russian athletes will be allowed to compete as neutral participants, as seen at the Paris Olympics last year.

Let the Truth be known. If you read VB and like VB, please be a VB Supporter and Help us deliver the Truth to one and all.



New Delhi (PTI): Delhi Police has recovered 1,850 stolen and lost mobile phones worth around Rs 4 crore in past 40 days under "Mission Reconnect", an initiative aimed at returning phones to their rightful owners in outernorth Delhi, an official said on Saturday.

The recovered phones were traced from different parts of the country, including remote areas, through technical surveillance and sustained field operations, police said, adding that the devices were handed over to their owners during a programme at the Sports Ground, New Police Lines, Kingsway Camp.

The initiative focused on a victim-centric approach and aimed at strengthening public trust through proactive policing and coordinated efforts across states, Deputy Commissioner of Police (Outernorth) Hareshwar Swami said.

As part of the programme, teams performed 'nukkad nataks' and screened awareness videos on cybercrime, drug abuse prevention, and senior citizen safety, sensitising the public about digital frauds and safety measures, officials said.

The initiative combines technology, investigation and community participation to ensure recovery of lost property and reconnect citizens with their valuables, they added.