Thiruvananthapuram, May 2 (PTI): The Kerala Cricket Association (KCA) has suspended former India pacer S Sreesanth for three years for allegedly making false and derogatory statements against it in connection with the controversy surrounding Sanju Samson’s omission from the Indian team for the Champions Trophy.

In a statement, the KCA said the decision was taken at its special General Body meeting held in Kochi on April 30.

Sreesanth is currently a co-owner of Kollam Aeries, a franchise team in the Kerala Cricket League.

Earlier, in relation to his controversial remarks, show-cause notices had been issued to Sreesanth as well as to the franchise teams Kollam Aeries, Alappuzha Team Lead, and Alappuzha Ripples.

"Since the franchise teams gave satisfactory responses to the notices, no further action will be taken against them. However, the meeting decided to advise greater caution when appointing members to team management," the statement said.

The General Body also resolved to file a compensation claim against Sanju Samson's father, Samson Vishwanath, and two others for making baseless allegations using Sanju Samson’s name, it added.

The KCA had issued a show-cause notice to Sreesanth--who was part of the India squad that won two World Cup titles--for his remarks linking the state cricket body and Samson during a panel discussion on a Malayalam television channel.

In a statement, the KCA had clarified that the notice was not issued for supporting Samson but for making misleading and defamatory comments against the association.

During the televised discussion, Sreesanth allegedly pledged his support to Samson and vowed to protect him and other Kerala players, while levelling accusations against the KCA.

His remarks came amid criticism of the KCA for dropping Samson from the Kerala squad for the Vijay Hazare Trophy, which was believed to have affected his chances of being selected for India’s Champions Trophy team.

Let the Truth be known. If you read VB and like VB, please be a VB Supporter and Help us deliver the Truth to one and all.



Bhubaneswar (PTI): An Indian Revenue Service (IRS) officer was booked in Bhubaneswar for allegedly raping a woman, police said on Sunday.

The case was lodged under BNS Section 64 on the basis of a complaint filed at the Saheednagar police station of the city, they said.

The alleged incident took place on January 15 at the officer's official residence in the city, where the woman had gone along with a friend, they added.

The FIR was registered on February 20 after a preliminary inquiry established prima facie evidence, officials said.

The woman, who is married, alleged that the accused officer had threatened to circulate her intimate photographs on social media.

Police Commissioner S Dev Datta Singh said an investigation is underway.