Washington DC: fresh set of documents released as part of the Jeffrey Epstein files has triggered renewed attention after screenshots of alleged self-emails attributed to Epstein made claims involving Microsoft co-founder Bill Gates.
The screenshots, circulating online and reported by several outlets, purport to show Epstein writing to himself in July 2013, alleging that Gates had contracted a sexually transmitted disease during encounters with women described as “Russian girls” and had asked Epstein to arrange antibiotics to be given discreetly to his then wife, Melinda Gates. The documents also contain claims of personal disputes and alleged requests that Epstein delete certain emails.
The authenticity of the screenshots has not been independently verified. The allegations contained in them remain unsubstantiated and are disputed by context and prior public statements from Gates. There is no confirmation from official records that the claims are factual.
According to reports, the screenshots are part of a larger tranche of documents released by the United States Department of Justice, comprising hundreds of thousands of pages related to Epstein. Epstein, a convicted sex offender, died in a New York jail in 2019 while awaiting trial on federal sex trafficking charges.
The alleged email text includes Epstein expressing anger over Gates distancing himself from their relationship and claiming involvement in matters he described as morally or ethically inappropriate. The documents also reference marital tensions between Bill and Melinda Gates, though no independent evidence is provided to support the claims.
Bill Gates has previously acknowledged meeting Epstein and has said he regretted the association, while repeatedly denying any involvement in illegal or unethical activities. His philanthropic foundation has issued a strong denial in response to the latest claims, calling the allegations absurd and completely false.
Bill and Melinda Gates were married from 1994 until their divorce in 2021. Melinda Gates has publicly stated that Gates’s extramarital relationships and his association with Epstein were among the factors that led to the end of their marriage, without detailing specific allegations.
As with earlier Epstein-related disclosures, legal experts and media analysts have urged caution, noting that the presence of a name in released documents does not establish wrongdoing and that many claims in the material remain unproven.
Let the Truth be known. If you read VB and like VB, please be a VB Supporter and Help us deliver the Truth to one and all.
Lucknow (PTI): Samajwadi Party chief Akhilesh Yadav on Saturday accused the BJP government of "playing" with his security and sought an explanation for the withdrawal of the National Security Guard (NSG) cover provided to him.
In a statement issued from the SP headquarters here, the former chief minister said the government must clarify the reasons cited in his security cover review that led to the withdrawal.
"The BJP government is playing with my security. I had NSG security, but it was withdrawn. The government should have disclosed why," Yadav said, alleging that security decisions were being politicised.
Yadav also referred to the withdrawal of SPG protection for Congress leader Rahul Gandhi, claiming that the BJP government had earlier removed his cover and made him vacate his official residence.
Speaking to reporters during his day-long visit to Jhansi, Yadav accused the BJP of "insulting everyone", including a Shankaracharya and students at the Magh Mela in Prayagraj.
"They pulled the 'shikha' (tuft of hair) of our 'batuks' and humiliated them. The chief minister is constantly insulting Shankaracharya. He is demanding certificates from him," Yadav said, adding that Yogi Adityanath should apologise for his actions
A "true yogi" empathises with people's suffering, he said, and alleged that the government instead celebrates bulldozing houses. He further claimed that the chief minister does not respect the Constitution and law, and cited cases mentioned in Adityanath's 2017 election affidavit to attack him.
"No other chief minister has faced as many cases as the current chief minister," the SP chief said in the statement.
