RIYADH: The General Directorate of Civil Defense in Riyadh called for caution Friday after an advanced alert from the General Authority of Meteorology and Environmental Protection warned that some governorates in Riyadh Province including Al-Kharj, Shaqra and Al-Majma’ah will experience strong winds and dust that will cause low visibility.

The media spokesman for Civil Defense in Riyadh Maj. Mohammed Al-Hammadi urged all asthma patients and those with breathing problems in general to follow the appropriate medical instructions and avoid travelling on roads that are affected by severe sand storms as much as possible.

Earlier, sandstorms hit several cities in Saudi Arabia on Thursday and disrupted road and air transport across the Kingdom.

The early warning center of the national Saudi Meteorology and Protection of the Environment agency issued a nationwide warning stating that unstable weather will affect many areas on Thursday and Friday.

The agency said the capital Riyadh will also get its share of the sandstorm and it is expected to continue until midday on Friday.

The sand and poor visibility resulted in several accidents in Saudi Arabia’s second city Jeddah.

Makkah also suffered as a result of the storm. Maritime traffic was suspended in and out of Jeddah’s port due to poor visibility.

King Abdul Aziz airport authorities announced that smooth operations continued at the airport despite the storm.

Earlier, the sandstorms led to temporary closure of 6 airports in northern Saudi Arabia due to strong wind mixed with dust.

Let the Truth be known. If you read VB and like VB, please be a VB Supporter and Help us deliver the Truth to one and all.



Mathura(UP), Apr 5 (PTI): A retired Army colonel from Haryana has filed a police complaint here, alleging that he was held hostage, assaulted, looted and forced to participate in an "obscene video" at gunpoint with a woman he met through a matrimonial website, police said on Saturday.

The woman from Mathura, who was allegedly in on the plan to rob him, was working with other accomplices, the ex-armyman said in his complaint filed on Thursday.

According to Barsana Station House Officer (SHO) Raj Kamal Singh, Colonel Rajneesh Soni (retired), a resident of Gurugram, reported that he was contacted by a woman from Barsana on a matrimonial website in January. The woman allegedly agreed to marry him, and they began communicating.

The woman allegedly persuaded the colonel to visit Barsana on January 25, requesting that he visit the Radharani temple. When he arrived, she arranged for his stay at a guest house and took him on a tour of the area, including a visit to the temple, the complainant said.

After returning to the guest house, the woman and her accomplices allegedly told the colonel that her brother had been involved in an accident and they needed to leave immediately. They then led him to a waiting car.

"Once outside the town limits, the colonel alleges that he was attacked by the occupants of the car. They seized his phone, physically assaulted him, and forced him to contact relatives and friends to transfer money," the SHO said.

"He was then taken back to the guest house, where he was allegedly forced to participate in obscene videos and photographs at gunpoint. He was threatened that the videos would be made public if he reported the incident," the officer said.

The colonel has alleged that his purse, bag, gold chain, debit card and Rs. 12,000 in cash were stolen from the guest house.

After an unsuccessful attempt at locating the perpetrators himself, the colonel finally reported the incident to the Barsana police two days ago, he said.

"A case has been registered under relevant sections of the BNS and all facts are being investigated. Further action will be taken as per facts found in the investigation," the SHO said.